Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 2- almost done!

I knew I had to do it.  So I just went.  I went to the running store, with baby in tow, and purchased a new pair of running shoes.  The salesman watched me walk, run, poked around at my feet, asked me a bunch of questions, and brought me out four of the most heinous pair of tennis shoes to try on. 

First up, Saucony. I know Saucony is supposedly a good running shoe, but I can't get past the fact that they used to be sold at K-mart and Sears.  Don't get me wrong, I can get with some K-mart shoes, but high dollar running shoes, I think not.  Next up was the Nike's.  (OK- I have Nike Shox now that I have been working out and running in, but apparently they were never supposed to be marketed as a running shoe because your feet feel horrible when you take them off after the gym or hitting the pavement.)  These running Nike's felt pretty good, there wasn't as much cushion in them as the previous pair, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Then, I tried on the Asics.  Those mamma jamma's felt great.  Not too soft, not too hard, but they may have been a bit thin across the top of my foot.  Yes, I am aware that Asics are naturally wider than the other shoe.  And yes, I am also aware that having to go up a 1/2 size and having to get a D width is not cool or sexy!  I didn't want to like those shoes because I used to only be able to wear Asics as a kid because of the wide width.

But alas, I said these are the ones and propped open my wallet and slapped my credit card at the guy behind the counter.  Then he told me the total and I about died.  (Remember, I am the girl that goes straight to the clearance rack with tunnel vision to buy clothes.) I tried to stay calm and talk to my ever fussy baby, and not let the dude see the sweat beads on my forehead.  I graciously thanked him and promptly left the store, with my new shoes. At this time, the baby was hungry and really wanted some chicken tenders.  So I appeased him and I headed to Burger King :) It could have been worse, I could have ordered my beloved fries instead of my salad!

I have had my new magic running shoes for a couple of days now, and I don't think they fit right. :(  I actually think they might be too big, and dare I say it, not wide enough! Haven't decided if I am still breaking them in, or its worth taking them back. 

Cheers to the end of week 2 of training for the Rag Death Relay Race!

2 comments:

  1. Asics are the best! I love mine!!! Corina, you are cracking me up, girl. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya gotta have the "W"...just like me :)

    ReplyDelete