Friday, July 29, 2011

Calorie Tracker

It's no secret that I eat what I want, and usually a lot of it.  And then I whine to you guys that I have gained weight.  I decided that I am going to figure out how much I am actually consuming during the course of a day,  compared to how many calories I should be eating.  

To the Marketplace for my phone I go, and search "calorie tracker." The first app that pops up is Myfitnesspal. I read the description, and it seemed to have just what I was looking for. I download it and start right away.  The first thing I needed to do was enter in my personal information- age, gender, weight, goal weight, and activity level. After all of that good stuff, I was ready to use it.  I go back to the main page and it tells me I can eat 1420 calories, if I do no exercise at all.  I think to myself "That's not an obscenely low number, so I think I can do this for a while."  Here are the true results:
Day 1- Negative 199 calories
Day 2- Negative 208 calories,(and this day I was allowed to actually eat 1920 calories because of the I burned that many calories exercising)
Day 3- Negative 63 calories, (allowed 479 extra)
Day 4- Negative 13 calories (allowed 109 extra)
Day 5- Negative 60 calories
Day 6- Positive 111 calories (allowed 259 extra)
Day 7- Negative 354 calories

Do you see a trend here?  I go over my calories almost every day!  And the one day I had a surplus, I took an hour and a half nap in the middle of the day.  I was quite tired. 

I think I will continue to track my calories.  It is helping me to make better choices.  For example, when I would go to target every other day during the spring, I would pick up a candy bar.  I would eat half, and share the other part with my little guys.  Now, I still pick up the candy bar, but I will only eat a 1/3 instead of 1/2! Mmmm..... Chocolate! :)

I'm really hungry right now. I think I will go and raid my kitchen for the remaining 33 calories! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment