Thursday, April 7, 2011

Playground Brawl

Nope, not me.  My kid.  Over a swing.  My kid had it, the other kid wanted it.  (never mind the open swing right next to it.) They both started pulling the swing, and then I'm pretty sure my kid started the slapping, as he "play slaps." The other kid started slapping back.  It was an all out pre-schooler brawl over the swing set.  After disciplining our kids, I told the other mom that we need to teach our kids how to fight.  Really, they fought like a bunch of little girls.  Man Up, Kid!

Oh, and I wasn't ready to go home, so I gave him a time-out.    Yeah right, does that EVER correct a kid's behavior?  Do they EVER reflect on what they did wrong during a time-out?  Time-outs don't really work, but spanking or slapping a kid who just slapped another kid is counter intuitive.

Hopefully we can stay away from fighting at the playground next time.

Food update: pizza and an apple for lunch.
Fitness update:  ummm... I ran over to remove my kid from getting a bloody nose.  Does that count?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you have a blog!!!! I love it, Corina. :D Now we can be blogging buddies too!!!

    ReplyDelete