Sunday, August 5, 2012

Eviction

I guess we will have to evict this little guy after all.  Although we haven't quite reached my due date, I was never pregnant this far along with my other two.  By now, I would be up tending to the needs of a new baby, instead of still so uncomfortable and not able to sleep.  5 out of the 7 nights last week, I thought I was going into labor.  I had plenty of painful, oh my gosh I can't possibly take this anymore, contractions, that lasted through the night, but had subsided in the morning. I even told my husband to pack a bag for himself one night, because tonight was the night.  WRONG! I was very surprised when all of the typical labor pains brought along no physical changes at my latest appointment.

This has by far been the hardest pregnancy to date.  The factors are many- the fact that it's summer, I'm in my 30's now, my 5 year old has become a really difficult child who is testing his limits and being disrespectful to everyone, my 2 year old is either so full of energy that I can't keep up with him, or he is crying and screaming, I am carrying this baby directly out front which is putting pressure on my ribs, my upper and lower back, and even my neck, and the heart burn/acid reflux is really bad this go round.

With all of the negative things going on, I was very grateful for today. I had a dear friend throw myself and another friend a baby "sprinkle" today.  (The kind where there is no registering, no big frills or games, just some food, good friends, a few presents, and a lot of laughs.)  Although, I didn't really feel deserving, seeing as this is my third BOY, I am so appreciative for everyone who attended and contributed, and I really feel blessed to be surrounded by sweet people.  Especially at this time, when my sarcasm level has gone up 18 notches, because I am so sick of being prego!

Babies are blessings, I know they are, and I am sure when I meet my little guy I will fall in love with him, but right now, that eviction notice can't come soon enough :)


No comments:

Post a Comment